On this page you will find out all about Woodland, the methods, baits and rules.
Woodland Lake is a superb 2 acre lake with 34 swims, some of them doubles. Ideal for the match or pleasure angler.
Heavily stocked with Carp to 20lb, Bream to 6lb, Tench to 8lb, Roach to 2lb, Best match weight is 272lb in 6 hours and pleasure weights to 300lb plus.
Woodland Lake sees many methods being;
* Pole ( short or long , Margins, up in the water, on the bottom )
* Pellet Waggler ( many on top )
*Traditional Waggler ( on the bottom and up in the water, Margins )
Popular baits for Woodland;
* Hard pellet
* Soft pellet
* Ground bait
* Luncheon meat
* All your naturals ( Worm, Maggot, Caster)
On Woodland the carp respond very well to pellet, paste and meat in the summer and the odd days sweetcorn. Our Silvers also respond well to pellet ( soft or hard), caster etc. In the Winter its pretty much similar apart from you are looking at smaller sizes on your pellet, meat etc. with dead red maggot over Micro being one of the favourites and also scaling down on your terminal tackle, smaller and lighter the better.
* Matches allowed
* No floating baits
* Maximum 10lb line
* Maximum size 10 hook
* Landing nets and unhooking mats must be dipped and dried before use
* Own keep nets must be dipped and dried before use
* 70lb nets limit for Carp, 50lb net limit for Silvers
* Carp and Silvers kept separate
* Fish MUST NOT be left in nets longer than 6 hours
* Barbless hooks only
* NO stalking
* All baits in moderation
* Match boilies maximum size 8mm
* Do not leave your rods unattended when in the water.
* Please make sure all bait is removed from hooks when not being used
* ALL rubbish must be taken with you
* Under 16's must be accompanied by an adult
* NO dogs unless by prior permission