On this page you will find out all about Chandos , methods, baits and rules.
Chandos Lake is a 3 acre lake with 9 swims and has a main island which you can fish to from pegs 2 3 4 and 12 and 2 back bays which are fishable from pegs 11 and 12. Pegs 11 12 6 and 8 are the main double swims.
Chandos is our main carp water for mainly night fishing as she is a very challenging water. Ideal for the carp angler . Stocked with Carp to 29.8lb, Grass Carp to 21lb,
Chandos lake has a wide variety of methods used, such as KD Rig, Solid bag, The Choddy Rig, Helicopter and many more. You are contending with a silt bottom with hard clay spots in places to fish to.
Popular baits for Chandos;
* Hard pellet
* Corn ( real or fake)
On Chandos the Carp respond very well to boilies of all sizes tipped with fake corn or pop ups, with either PVA bags or sticks as lose feed or just general scattered boilies. Chandos is a very quiet water so the lesser disturbance the better. Boilie wise anything sweet or fruity works well or any fishy with a fruity twang Pink yellow pop ups or corn.
* ONLY Boilies, Pellet and naturals as loose feed
* NO particles
* No Matches
* No floating baits
* MINIMUM 10lb line
* MINIMUM size 10 hook
* MAXIMUM size 6 hook
* MUST have an unhooking mat
* Landing nets and unhooking mats must be dipped and dried before use.
* Bait boats allowed
* NO keepnets
* Micro barbed hooks or Barbless hooks
* NO stalking
* 42inch landing net
* All baits in moderation
* Do not leave your rods unattended when in the water.
* Please make sure all bait is removed from hooks when not being used
* ALL rubbish must be taken with you
* Under 16's must be accompanied by an adult
* Night fishing over 18's only unless accompanied by and adult
* NO dogs unless by prior permission