On this page you will find out all about Wildmarsh , methods, baits and rules.
Wildmarsh Lake is a 6 acre lake which has a main island and a spit . Wildmarsh is our main runs water for day and night fishing. Ideal for the carp angler or pleasure angler. Stocked with Carp to 34lb 4oz Grass Carp to 25lb and silvers.
We do not allow Matches on Wildmarsh anymore due to the high demand in carp fishing on Wildmarsh Lake.
For the carp angler a wide variety of methods get used, such as KD Rig, Solid bag, The Choddy Rig, Helicopter and many more. You are contending with a silt bottom with hard clay spots in places to fish to.
Popular baits for Wildmarsh;
* Hard pellet
* Sweetcorn ( hook bait )
* Luncheon meat( hook bait)
* All your naturals ( Worm, Maggot, Caster)
On Wildmarsh the Carp respond very well to boilies of all sizes tipped with fake corn or pop ups. with either PVA bags or sticks as lose feed or just general scattered boilies. Boilie wise anything sweet or fruity works well. pink yellow pop ups or corn. Silvers respond well to pellet and naturals.
* ONLY Boilies, Pellet and naturals as loose feed.
* NO particles aloud
* No Matches allowed
* No floating baits
* Maximum 15lb line
* Maximum size 6 hook
* YOU MUST have an unhooking mat and a 36'' or 42'' triangle carp net to fish this lake
* Bait boats
* Landing nets and unhooking mats must be dipped and dried before use
* NO keep nets
* Barbless hooks only
* NO stalking
* All baits in moderation
* Do not leave your rods unattended when in the water.
* Please make sure all bait is removed from hooks when not being used
* ALL rubbish must be taken with you
* Under 16's must be accompanied by an adult
* Night fishing over 18's only unless accompanied by and adult
* NO dogs unless by prior permission
* ALL night fishing is bookings ONLY