On this page you will find out all about Ash , methods, baits and rules.
Ash Lake is a 1 acre canal style lake with 19 swims. Ash has 3 main islands which are all in reach to fish from the swims. Ideal for the pleasure or match angler. Stocked with Carp to 19lb, Crucians to 3lb, Tench to 6lb ( green and gold), Bream to 5lb, Perch to 3lb, Roach and Rudd.
Ash Lake sees many methods being;
* Pole ( short or long , Margins, up to the islands, on the deck)
*Traditional Waggler ( on the bottom and Margins)
Popular baits for Ash;
* Hard pellet
* Soft pellet
* Ground bait
* Luncheon meat
* All your naturals ( Worm, Maggot, Caster)
On Ash the carp and Crucians respond very well to pellet soft or hard, paste, small cubes of meat the odd days sweetcorn. Our Silvers also respond well to pellet ( soft or hard), caster etc. In the Winter its pretty much similar apart from you are looking at smaller sizes on your pellet, meat etc. with dead red maggot over Micro being one of the favourites and also scaling down on your terminal tackle, smaller and lighter the better.
* Matches allowed
* No floating baits
* Maximum 8lb line
* Maximum size 10 hook
* Landing nets and unhooking mats must be dipped and dried before use
* Own keep nets must be dipped and dried before use
* 70lb nets limit for Carp, 50lb net limit Silvers
* Carp and Silvers kept separate.
* Fish MUST NOT be left in nets longer than 6 hours
* Barbless hooks only
* NO stalking
* All baits in moderation
* Match boilies maximum size 8mm
* Do not leave your rods unattended when in the water.
* Please make sure all bait is removed from hooks when not being used
* ALL rubbish must be taken with you
* Under 16's must be accompanied by an adult
* NO dogs unless by prior permission